Sofidel, in its business activities, believes that companies have a fundamental role not only in terms of production and distribution of goods and services, but also in guaranteeing lasting social and environmental benefits (shared value for stakeholders) along the entire value creation chain.
With this in mind, Sofidel makes the quality of its assets, the strategy of proximity (keeping production facilities close to the end customer) and sustainability the fundamental levers of its responsible development.
- Innovation in production processes, like product innovation, plays a central role in the Sofidel Group’s sustainable growth strategy.
- Attention to technological innovation, with the availability of production facilities that are on average newer and better performing than others in the sector, enables increased production efficiency and better environmental performance.
- Since 2016, this approach of looking to the future has translated into a new large-scale operation to renew the company’s technological assets, involving both the paper mill and converting phases (new generation machinery for producing tissue paper).
Today, Sofidel can produce both conventional and textured tissue paper and further increase the quality of its products, while at the same time improving the energy efficiency of its production sites.
In order to reduce the impact of transport logistics costs and maximise service for customers, Sofidel has built or acquired factories:
- located close to the outlet markets (within a radius of 350/400 km (215/250 miles) from customers in Europe and 700/800 km (435/500 miles) in the United States);
- located close to areas of high population density;
- located near major communication routes and service providers.
Sofidel integrates sustainability, considered a driver for cultural development and competitive growth, in all aspects of its business in order to:
- increase its own medium/long-term market competitiveness;
- contribute to improving the quality of life of all its stakeholders and the communities it works in;
- play an increasingly positive role in the environmental, social and economic spheres.